They believe A candidate’s experience, expertise, business prowess, and acumen should not be the final discriminating criteria in the search for the best candidate. They suggest the following criteria should also part of the qualifiers.
- What does he/she bring any new or additional business to the table?
- Do they possess the leadership, style, traits, and ability to guide and grow the people that will be working with?
- Does the candidate have well honed management and mentoring skills?
The "Formula": “25% • 70% - 5%
- 25% of a candidate’s value to your company is their knowledge and experience, who they know and what can they bring to the table that will be of value to your company.
- 70% of their value to you is how the candidates’ personality and chemistry will fit in with your companies. This will ultimately determine if they will be successful. And, the last 5% …
- 5% is luck! Everyone and every company needs some luck.